- Case Interview
Case Interview General
Case Interview Fundamental
Case Interview Question
Case Interview Preparation
Case Interview by firms
Case Interview Resources
Case Interview Tips & Techniques
- McKinsey PST
- Consulting Math
- Consulting Resume
CV & Resume Guide
- Management Consulting
Life of a Management Consultant
Case Interview Fundamental Case Interview Concept
A quick glance
- What is the case interview concept?
- Your roadmap to success
1. What are the main concepts?
Mutually Exclusive, Collectively Exhaustive
- MECE is a key principle for structuring and breaking down anything from Problems, Ideas, Workstreams, etc.
- This concept is highly important in the management consulting industry, so much so that the whole industry revolves around it.
In our Mutually Exclusive, Collectively Exhaustive (MECE) article, you will learn:
- What exactly is MECE?
- The main principles of MECE.
- Applications in real Case Interview.
Case Interview Framework
- Case Interview Framework is one of the most searched phrases in consulting prep.
- In simple language, case interview frameworks are like standard templates, used to structure and break down common business problems.
In our Framework article, you will learn:
- What are Frameworks?
- Breaking the misconception: The more framework I know, the better?
- Most common types of Framework:
- Comprehensive: Profit, 3C & P, M&A.
- Mini: Internal – External, Quantitative – Qualitative. Cost – Benefit, BCG 2×2.
- Various tips & tricks on using framework.
In our Hypothesis article, you will learn:
- What is Hypothesis? How is it different from Conclusion?
- The main principles to follow.
- Secret tips & tricks to apply in a case interview.
2. Your Roadmap to Success
One of the most important aspects of learning case interview concept is how & when to implement them. Here is a detailed roadmap of how you can apply each concept in your case solving analysis.
The Case Concept Roadmap
Define the Problem
Every case / project starts with a Problem and it must be super well defined.
To fasten the process, we rely on different types of customizable Building-block and Mini Frameworks.
- Profitability Model: Profitability Optimization.
- 3C & P: Pricing Optimization, Industry Landscape & Competitor Dynamics, etc.
- McKinsey M&A: Merger/Acquisition/Joint Venture.
- Mini Frameworks: Internal – External, Quantitative – Qualitative, Cost – Benefit.
Coming to Conclusion
We try to prove or disprove our Hypothesis by collecting Data that are compared with other Benchmarks.
- If the test says “NO”, eliminate that branch and go to the next one.
- If the test says “YES”, go deeper into that branch, drill down to the lower levels until we identify all proven root-causes.
That’s everything you need to know to start your journey with us today!
Click on any of the articles below to begin your Case Interview Concept training course.